Guideline to get Vietnam E-visa
Vietnam E-visa is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department visa electronic system. It is quite easy to obtain with some steps and people can do it personally at home. Just spend 15 minutes in front of your computer and you get the Vietnam E-visa application done. But before that, it is recommended to read the below article thoroughly to know step by step guide to get Vietnam E-visa.
Table of Contents
- 1. All about Vietnam E-visa
- 2. Required documents to get Vietnam Electronic visa
- 3. Conditions for being granted E-visa
- 4. List of Countries that allowed Vietnam E-visa issuing
- 5. Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa
- 6. Step by step guide to get Vietnam E-visa
1. All about Vietnam E-visa
– Vietnam E-visa is for single entry only and valid for 30 days, from the intended entry date indicated in the E-visa. It is not for those who want to stay longer or enter Vietnam more than once.
– E-visa holders can stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 consecutive days after the initial entry date.
– Once the first 30 days have passed, and renewal be needed it, e-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
– A separate E-visa application must be submitted for minors who have their own passport. In case children under 14 years old include on their parent’s passport Minors with their own passport must complete a full Vietnam E-visa application. Minors under 14 years old and explicitly listed on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents E-visa application.
2. Required documents to get Vietnam Electronic visa
Before obtaining Vietnam E-visa, you should prepare following required documents:
– A valid passport with at least 6 month of validity remaining
– A portrait photo (4x6cm, white background, straight looking without glasses) in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif format
– A soft copy of your full passport data page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines
– A valid international credit or debit card
– An email address for support purposes.
3. Conditions for being granted E-visa
– Outside Vietnam foreigners
– Holding valid passport, more than 6 months valid from intended arrival date
– Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
4. List of Countries that allowed Vietnam E-visa issuing
Vietnam E-visa is applicable for citizens from 80 countries. If you are in the below list, you can get E-visa. If you are not in this list, please refer to Vietnam visa on Arrival section
|1||AND||Andorra||41||MKD||The former Yugoslav of Macedonia|
|5||AUT||Austria||45||FSM||Federated States of Micronesia|
|9||BIH||Bosnia and Herzegovina||49||MNE||Montenegro|
– Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders
|17||HRV||Croatia||57||PNG||Papua New Guinea|
|35||KAZ||Kazakhstan||75||ARE||United Arab Emirates|
|36||KOR||Korea (South)||76||GBR||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|37||LVA||Latvia||77||USA||United States of America|
Important Update in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak:
From March 22 until further notice, Vietnam has suspended entry into Vietnam to all foreigners, including people with a Vietnamese visa exemption certificate. Only Vietnamese nationals, foreigners on diplomatic or official business, and highly skilled workers are allowed to enter the country at this time. Anyone entering Vietnam must undergo medical checks and 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
5. Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa
E-visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints as below:
|No.||Port Name||No.||Port Name|
|1||Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||18||Bo Y Landport|
|2||Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||19||Cha Lo Landport|
|3||Can Tho International Airport||20||Cau Treo Landport|
|4||Da Nang International Airport||21||Huu Nghi Landport|
|5||Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)||22||Ha Tien Landport|
|6||Phu Bai Int Airport||23||Lao Bao Landport|
|7||Phu Quoc International Airport||24||Lao Cai Landport|
|8||Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi
|25||La Lay Landport|
|Seaport||26||Moc Bai Landport|
|9||Chan May Seaport||27||Mong Cai Landport|
|10||Da Nang Seaport||28||Nam Can Landport|
|11||Duong Dong Seaport||29||Na Meo Landport|
|12||Hon Gai Seaport||30||Song Tien Landport|
|13||Hai Phong Seaport||31||Tinh Bien Landport|
|14||Nha Trang Seaport||32||Tay Trang Landport|
|15||Quy Nhon Seaport||33||Xa Mat Landport|
|16||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|17||Vung Tau Seaport|
6. Step by step guide to get Vietnam E-visa
It is quite easy to get Vietnam E-visa via electronic system as long as you are eligible to obtain Vietnam E-visa based on mentioned conditions.
Step 1: Open Official Vietnam Evisa Application Website.
This is for outside Vietnam foreigners personally applying for E-visa. The page appears with 3 steps for your Vietnam E-visa Application. Just confirm at the bottom and click Next.
Note: there are many agents providing E-visa services but you should do it by your own to ensure personal information and avoid any additional service fee.
Step 2: Fulfill required information
– Upload your portrait photograph and your full passport data page image that you have already prepared. Make sure all photos are clear enough to see.
– Supply personal information according to the instructions:
+ Basic Info: Full name, date of birth, current nationality, nationality at birth, sex;
+ Other Info: Religion, occupation, permanent residential address, phone number, email address;
+ Passport Info: Passport number, type of passport, expiry date*;
+ Travel Info: Intended date of entry to Vietnam, number of days you plan to stay in Vietnam (up to 30), purpose of entry, intended temporary residential address in Vietnam, E-visa validity dates* (by default, 30 days from your entry date), entry and exit checkpoints.
– Click the checkbox “I assure that I have truthfully declared all relevant details” and enter Captcha.
– Finally click on “Review Your Application” button to recheck all details. If you need to make changes, click “Back”.
Note: At this time, a Registration Code is created and it is unchanged when you go back and edit your application. Registration code must be saved in order to check and print E-visa.
Step 3: Submit and make payment
– A summary of your order will be appeared then click “I agree” and “Pay E-visa fee” to continue the payment.
– Choose 1 of the 4 payment methods listed on Payment Gate page. You can use credit cards or debit cards.
– Provide the required information and click “Pay” to complete the procedure.
– The current E-visa fee is 25 USD per person and there will be another 1 USD for processing fee. Please note that the fee will not be refunded in case the applicant is refused to grant E-visa.
Step 4: Confirmation of Successful E-visa Application
If the payment is successful, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. You will need to wait 3 full working days for your visa to be released. It sometimes takes longer due to the large number of applicants or public holidays.
Step 5: Track your Vietnam E-visa status: Check the result
You can check the result of your E-visa at E-visa search menu. You need to provide required information including your registration code, registered email and date of birth.
Note: No email will be sent regarding E-visa result.
Step 6: Print your Vietnam E-visa
After being approved for E-visa, the application status is “Granted Visa” with a link to download. You should print 2 copies of Vietnam E-visa for safety when traveling. In case your visa is still unavailable after 3 working days, or you need urgent support, please contact Vietnam’s e-Visa Support at this page.
– E-visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/ guaranteed by authority/ organization/ individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
– Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
– Inviting /guaranteeing foreigners in accordance with Section 1, Article 16, Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam; can be applied through electronic system (click here).