Mekong Eyes Classic
Why the name Mekong Eyes? - One of the traditional ceremonies performed on a newly constructed Mekong boat is the "eye opening". The eyes are painted on the bow for good luck, a wide-awake crew and fast and safe journeys.The river cruise boat can comfortably accommodate up to 28 passengers on a large area of approx. 250 m2, it’s like a floating hotel:
- There are 14 lavishly furnished twin and double rooms, each with a private bathroom with shower and hot water, wardrobe and air-conditioning. All rooms offer a fantastic panoramic view over the Mekong River.
- There is a large dining room in the lower deck, where you can enjoy culinary specialities of Vietnam or a sun-downer in the cosy bar.
- A stylish upper-deck inside panorama lounge invites you to sit back and take in the impressions of the fantastic scenery and the busy every day life on the river.
- On the top deck you will find an open sitting area and sun deck with breathtaking views. While you are basking on the sun deck our friendly staff will pamper you with cool drinks and freshly cooked delicacies.
The crew will do their utmost to provide you with all the services and comfort you need during your Mekong Delta cruise. The captain and his deck hand as well as the engineer are in charge of the technical details and the routing. An experienced chef and service staff will take you on a culinary journey through Vietnam. A local guide will explain the life and culture of the Mekong Delta to you and answer any questions you might have. Onboard staff also get regular safety trainings.
Experience the unique Mekong Delta the relaxing way: The 2-day and 3-day tours start and end in Saigon or Can Tho. Visit the famous floating markets, enjoy the lush vegetation and experience the vibrant life in the Delta on side excursion and from aboard one of the luxurious river cruisers. Discover the Mekong Delta on board the comfortable Mekong Eyes Classic vessel with Vietnam Travel now!
Mekong Eyes Classic
About This CruiseWe pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and will take you back there after your cruise. The drive to/ from Cai Be takes about 2 hours, to/ from Can Tho about 4 hours.
- The itinerary of Cai Be - Can Tho is available on all even dates (e.g: Oct 2, 4, 10 etc.) on Mekong Eyes Classic, every Tuesday on Mekong Eyes Explorer and daily on Gecko Eyes and Dragon Eyes Cruisers.
- The itinerary of Can Tho - Cai Be is available on all odd dates (e.g: Oct 3,5,9 etc.) on Mekong Eyes Classic, every Thursday on Mekong Eyes Explorer and daily on Gecko Eyes and Dragon Eyes Cruisers.
Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be - Can Tho.
You board your comfortable river cruiser in Cai Be. After a refreshing welcome drink, the crew will show you on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong Delta people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board on your comfortable river cruiser.
Day 2: Can Tho - Saigon.
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6:30 A.M, the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
Next, you will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang Floating Market, the region's busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. Pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. After the excursion to the market it is time to start the journey back to Saigon. From Can Tho you will travel by road back to Saigon. In My Tho you say good bye to the Mekong Delta with a lunch break offering typical Mekong Delta dishes at Mekong Rest Stop.
Note: The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
- Full Side River View
- Private Balcony
- 1 Queen Size Bed or 2 Single Beds
- Single Cabin
- Double Cabin
• Road transfer from/ to Saigon.
• Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins.
• 4 savoury meals.
• Mineral water placed in cabin.
• Free flow of coffee and tea.
• Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries.
• Pre and post trip accommodations.
• Bar services.
• Personal travel insurance.
• Tips and gratuities.