- Visit Vietnam’s colonial charm city – Hanoi.
- Cast away on a cruising through hundreds of limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the emerald waters of Halong Bay.
- Sleepy riverside town – Hoian.
- Former Capital – Hue.
- Modern metropolis – Saigon.
- Experience the countryside life in Mekong Delta.
- Age range
- < 18 year olds +5 more
On this 9 day program of Vietnam private & luxury tour, discover one of Southeast Asia’s most exciting destinations. Delve into timeless cities in authentic style, traveling the streets of colonial Hanoi by “cyclo” and wandering through Ho Chi Minh City’s Chinatown. Venture further afield to historic Hue, the former imperial capital, and romantic Halong Bay, weaving amid thousands of towering limestone islands by the top luxury cruise on the bay…
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcome to Hanoi: Vietnam’s bustling colonial capital. Your driver and guide will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center. Check in at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel, an award-winning French colonial-style located in the heart of Hanoi. In the afternoon enjoy a cyclo tour through the Old Quarter’s narrow streets lined with French colonial buildings – followed by a gourmet dinner at one of Hanoi’s finest restaurants.
Accommodation: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour.
Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Temple of Literature; West Lake including the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda & Quan Thanh Temple; and one of the city's museums (a choice between the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum). Later in the afternoon, enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture.
Accommodation: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel.
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise.
(The route and activities depend on specific cruise, weather condition and permission of the Halong Authority and could be changed by season) After breakfast at the hotel, your driver will meet and and take you on a 2.5-hour drive passing the countryside of the Red River Delta to Halong Bay. Welcome on board and set sail through Bai Tu Long Bay while seafood lunch is served. Rest your eyes on the azure waters of this magical bay, where thousands of sculpted limestone islands rise from the waves like dragons’ teeth, passing picturesque area around Mat Quy islet, Am islet. Mid-afternoon, get to Cua Van fishing village and enjoy a pleasant bamboo boat row to through the village with a museum and a school among floating homes. Visit Tien Ong cave then back on board to enjoy sunset cocktails and canapé. Dinner is served on boat.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Violet Cruise.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Fly to Danang – Hoian
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea, before setting out to explore nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk for breakfast then take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of Bai Tu Long Bay as you navigate back to Halong City. Have brunch on board before returning to Halong pier. Transfer to Noi Bai Airport of Hanoi for the flight to Danang. On arrival, your guide and driver will transfer you to The Nam Hai Hotel.
Accommodation: The Nam Hai Hotel.
Day 5: Hoian Walking Tour.
Immerse yourself in the tranquility and charm of this sleepy riverside town. From the 16th to 18th centuries Hoian was a thriving international port frequented by Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Arab traders, who came to trade in the high quality silk still produced in the region. Today, Hoian is a relaxing resort popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, skilled tailors and numerous cafes. Take a half-day walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the ancient quarter, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the Chinese Assembly Hall, the 200-year old Tan Ky ancestral house and the famous Japanese Bridge. Return to the hotel and enjoy a free afternoon at your leisure.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: The Nam Hai Hotel.
Day 6: Hoian – Drive to Hue.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel then check-out and drive northward to Hue over the 500m-high Hai Van pass. Enjoy a stop at the scenic Lang Co Beach for a drink before continuing on to Hue – a UNESCO World Heritage site. Spend the afternoon on a leisurely walking tour through Vietnam’s ancient capital city, visiting the Royal Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda and the Mausoleum of King Tu Duc (a replica of the king’s palace built for the next reincarnation of the king), before exploring the Imperial Museum and Dong Ba Market.
Accommodation: La Residence Hotel & Spa.
Day 7: Hue – Fly to HCM City
Have breakfast at the hotel then drive to the airport to catch your flight to Vietnam’s modern metropolis: Saigon. Arrive in the late morning and enjoy an orientation tour through Ho Chi Minh City’s bustling streets en route to the hotel. Have lunch at a downtown restaurant of your choosing then set out on a guided city tour. In the afternoon you will visit such sites as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Post Office and Ben Thanh Market. Enjoy the rest of the day free at your leisure.
Accommodation: Park Hyatt Hotel.
Day 8: Cu Chi Tunnels & City Tour or Mekong Day trip.
You have options for today 's visit: A day trip to Mekong Delta or the morning visit to Cu Chi Tunnels plus afternoon visit the City's most attractions. (Please let us know which option you would like to choose in advance to arrange services).
Accommodation: Park Hyatt Hotel.
Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City Departure.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel then drive to the airport for your departure flight home.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfasts at hotels, 3 lunches, 1 brunch, 2 dinners.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
Hanoi - Danang by Vietnam Airlines Hue - Saigon by Vietnam Airlines
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Accommodation at the top luxury hotel & resort in every city with daily breakfast.
• 2 domestic flights Hanoi - Danang; Hue - Saigon
• Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Services of private driver and air-conditioned vehicles.
• Service of English speaking guide as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• A 2 day/ 1 night cruise package on Halong Bay.
• International flight into and out Vietnam.
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
• Tips for guides and drivers.
• Personal travel insurance.
• Vietnam Visa fee.
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Mekong Delta Excursion 3 days from $225
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- Form Angkor Wat to Bagan 12 days from $1625
- Escape to Vinh Hy Bay 4 days from $1266
- Nha Trang Beach Holiday 4 days from $130
- Highlights of Cambodia & Laos 9 days from $1010