Tra Su Forest Tour
- Walk on Vietnam's longest bamboo bridge (10km) that made from 500,000 bamboo trees.
- Take a sampan into the forest and harmonize oneself with nature.
- Impressive pictures of cajuput, flowers and animals, plenty of opportunities for photographers.
- Age range
- under 87 year olds
Tra Su cajuput forest is about 30km from Chau Doc, which is on the Vietnam/ Cambodia border in Southern Vietnam. The forest covers an area of 850 hectares and is an important natural habitat for many colorful birds and other rare animals. There are more than 140 different kinds of plants in the sanctuary and many of cajuputs, which are very common in the Mekong Delta, can be found here. Tra Su, an idyllic bird sanctuary, is a special place for nature lovers and well worth a visit for those stay in Chau Doc Town. To book this half-day Tra Su Forest Tour, contact Vietnam Travel’s consultants today!
– This half day tour is optional and only arranged for travelers who are on tour with Vietnam Travel. It can be operated from Chau Doc or Can Tho.
– It is not sold for FIT as a single service due to arrangement of tour guide and transportation is from our Ho Chi Minh City Office (215km far from Chau Doc Town).
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed Itinerary of Tra Su Forest Tour (half-day).
Meet Vietnam Travel’s guide at your hotel lobby in Chau Doc then take a short drive to Tra Su. Tra Su Bird Sanctuary is a sprawling forest that provides a safe home for a huge variety of wading birds. Most of the plants in Tra Su forest are melaleuca, which are over 10 years old with the height from 5- 8 meters.
On arrival at Tra Su Ecotourism ticket office, you will walk on the wooden bridge to lotus pond, which offers some photogenic spots with love signs to feed your Instagram. Continue to wander on Vietnam’s longest bamboo bridge, which is approximately 10km and assembled by 500,000 bamboo trees spanning over many beautiful melaleucas. It is also called the bridge of thousand steps.
Take a rowing boat into the forest, you will immediately feel like you are harmonizing with nature because of all of the impressive pictures of cajuputs, the fragrance of the flowers and the music-like noise of birds, insects and animals making people relaxed comfortable. From the observation tower, enjoy the panorama view of the forest with an area of nearly 900 ha, home of many birds and animals, including some rare ones. If you like wildlife photography do not forget your zoom lenses when visiting the Tra Su cajuput forest as you will have plenty of photography opportunities here. Much of the area remains off-limits to visitors, ensuring the birds are not disturbed or endangered.
Relax on hammock or enjoy some drinks in the forest before driving back to Chau Doc. Tour finishes.
Duration: 4-5 hours.
Pickup location: Pick up at centrally located hotels in Chau Doc Town.
Pickup time: 8:00 A.M-8:30 A.M (morning) or 13:30-14:00 (afternoon).
Drop off location: The same place as pick up point.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Expert English-speaking local guide.
(Other languages on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
Motored boat and sampan in Tra Su forest.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Services of private drivers and air-conditioned vehicles.
• Bottled water on vehicle.
• Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Entrance fee & boat trip.
• Other drinks and personal expenses.
• Tips for guide, boat rower and driver.
• Personal travel insurance.