Ta Cu Mountain & Ke Ga Lighthouse Excursion
- Explore the Ta Cu Mountain, admire the lush green trees and see the panorama of nearly half of the mountain.
- Experience the feeling of climbing 183 steps to reach the highest point of the Ke Ga Lighthouse, and its stunning colorful rock formations.
- Stop at a dragon fruit plantation to see one of the area's most famous crops.
- Visit Phan Thiet Central Market which supplies a wide variety of local stuffs such as seafood, fruits, sand paintings etc.
- Learn about ancient Cham history at the Poshanu Tower, a group of relics of the remnants of the old Kingdom of Champa.
- Age range
- under 87 year olds
Phan Thiet is blessed with forests, boundless sand dunes and 200 km of pristine shoreline, providing incredibly scenic backdrops for adventure, photography and family-friendly tours. If you are staying in Phan Thiet or Mui Ne, you may like to enjoy the private full day trip to Ta Cu Mountain and Ke Ga Lighthouse with Vietnam Travel’s helpful local guide and friendly driver. During this excursion, you will also have a chance to stop at unforgettable locations like dragon fruit farm, the bustling Phan Thiet Market and the ancient Poshanu Cham Tower.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed Program of Ta Cu Mountain & Ke Ga Lighthouse Excursion
A guide of Vietnam Travel will pick you up at your hotel lobby in Mui Ne or Phan Thiet then depart to Ta Cu Mountain Park. Enjoy the scenery along the way with about one hour drive by car.
Upon arrival, hike up the mountain or take the cable car (at additional ticket) through a beautiful tropical rain-forest to the pagoda at the top. The 49-meter-long lying Buddha on Ta Cu Mountain is one of Asia’s longest statue. Also known as “Buddha Entering Nirvana”, the statue was completed in 1962. Stroll through the cultural complex for spectacular views over the surrounding saltpans, lakes, and rice paddies, as well as the beaches of Ke Ga and the mountains of Binh Thuan Province.
Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant by seaside then continue your trip to Ham Thuan Nam. Ride in a canoe or basket boat to Ke Ga Island and take a short walk to the tallest lighthouse in Vietnam, which was built by the French in 1897. Enjoy swimming and relaxing on the island.
Back to the mainland, you will stop at one of many dragon fruit gardens and learn about the local farming life, as well as taste one the country’s tropical famous fruits (if in the right season).
Next, explore central market in Phan Thiet City. Here, you will experience daily lives of the local with huge crowds haggling with vendors for an array of fresh fruits, seafood, spices, nuts, meat, dried foodstuff, and household supplies.
The last stop of this day tour is at Poshanu Cham Tower – a temple made up of red bricks crowning a small hill between Phan Thiet and Mui Ne, built to worship the Hindu Deity Shiva.
Tour concludes as the guide will farewell you at your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours.
Departure time: 8:00 A.M or customize.
Pickup & drop off location: Pickup and drop off at hotels/stay in Mui Ne, or Phan Thiet, in case your hotel accommodation is outside of these areas, please kindly inform us about that.
- Special mention for those who have a fear of height: the cable car, both up and down the mountains gives you a spectacular view and amazing photo opportunities but can be intimidating for those who have a fear of height.
- Suitable clothes: light clothing, comfortable walking shoes, cap, sun lotion, sunglasses and most important your camera.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Expert English-speaking local guide.
(Other languages on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Escorted by an English speaking Vietnamese tour guide.
• Transfer by private car with A/C.
• Bottled drinking water & wet tissues.
• Entrance fee and boat trip.
• Accommodation in Mui Ne/ Phan Thiet.
• Personal expenses
• Tips for guide and driver.
• Personal travel insurance.
• Others not mentioned in the above program.