- Explore Hanoi’s nightlife
- Trekking in Mai Chai Valley
- Homestay in Hang Kia Village
- Exchange culture with Thai minority people
- Visit Hoa Lu, Vietnam's first capital
- Take sampan on river to Tam Coc
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting panorama of Lan Ha Bay, a part of less visited Halong Bay.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds +2 more
- 3 / 4 / 5
This 6 day adventure takes you off the beaten track in Mai Chau and Ninh Binh, two of beautiful landscapes in the North Vietnam, and a leisure cruise on Lan Ha Bay at the end of the trip. The local people you meet at their home and their farm, the scenery, and the variety of cultures make this journey of a lifetime…
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 520 x 6||-||-||$ 156||$ 2,964||Book It|
|$ 610 x 6||-||-||$ 183||$ 3,477||Book It|
|$ 760 x 6||-||-||$ 228||$ 4,332||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Welcome to Hanoi! Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our guide and escorted to the hotel in the city center. Check in and time for leisure. Tonight, our guide will take you out to explore Hanoi’s nightlife in the Old Quarter, the heart of Hanoi. The city comes alive in the evening. First, find yourself among hundreds of locals and expats sitting on plastic stools with a pint of bia hoi in hand, cheering and shouting “bottoms-up!” at Bia Hoi Junction, the corner of Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen streets in the Hanoi Old Quarter. Do it as locals do and enjoy the new city with all your senses. Then, walk through the old quarter’s narrow streets as your guide points out a range of tasty noodles, breads and snacks. At night the sidewalks become a stage where these small pop up restaurants feature lively, but they all disappear during the day. Sit down and enjoy a flame grilled Vietnamese barbecue of beef, chicken, tofu and vegetables on skewers. End the night with dessert from Hanoi’s best-known ice-cream parlour before getting a good night’s rest.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi – Hang Kia
Say goodbye to the bustling capital, you will be picked up at your hotel to journey South West through the rich farmland of the Red River Delta to Mai Chau, the beautiful gateway to the mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The scenic drive offers an excellent opportunity to observe rural Vietnam up-close. The valley of Mai Chau is inhabited by a community of the Thai minority group while the upper lands of Mai Chau are inhabited by the H’mong minority group. On arrival at Hang Kia village, check in the homestay and prepare for the further activities. This afternoon, challenge the dirt path used by the locals to the untouched Hmong community. After spending 1.5 hours hiking, you will reach Thung Mai village. On the way, you can find the opportunity to take many awesome photos of the breathtaking view as you trek up the hill. Since the area is much less visited, the local people look quite reserved and curious. They wait for your move so go ahead to master the ceremony! Pay a visit to a home to learn more about the way people live here then interact with kids at the local school before going further up to the point where you can enjoy the beautiful sunset. Transfer back to the homestay by a taxi motorbike. This evening, enjoy the dinner with the host and stay overnight in the homestay. (Note: For those who likes to stay at hotel or lodge instead of homestay, ask your travel consultants to revise the accommodation and the tour cost).
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Accommodation: Homestay in Mai Chau.
Day 3: Hang Kia – Mai Chau
After a local breakfast in homestay and farewell the host, begin your day with a 3 hour trekking all the way down to Xa Linh, a village located at the mountain foot. From here, transfer to Mai Hich where lunch is prepared by the local Thai people to serve you. Unlike well-known tourist destinations, Mai Hich is a new tourist village, a harmony combination between human being and the nature. In the afternoon, experience an exciting bamboo rafting to be immersed in gorgeous landscapes of jungles, the peaceful beauty of the countryside culture. Later in the afternoon, you will be picked up and transferred to the hotel in Mai Chau.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mai Chau.
Day 4: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before journeying to Hoa Lu, Vietnam's first capital. Visit to temples and walk hundred steps up to top of a mountain for a panorama view of the old capital. After lunch, enjoy a relaxing sampan tour along Ngo Dong River, passing under rocky outcrops and through three limestone caves (Tam Coc). During the rowing boat ride, you will enjoy a unique landscape that has been dubbed “Halong Bay on Land”. Take a short walk through limestone mountains to Thai Vi temple which was dedicated to the four Kings of the Tran dynasty in the 13th century and now offers a place of peace and simplicity against a back drop of ancient architecture. Visit Bich Dong Pagoda which set among pink lotuses. The pagoda offers spectacular views of the surrounding area.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh.
Day 5: Ninh Binh – Hai Phong - Lan Ha Bay – Overnight on cruise.
Note: The below itinerary is subject to change without prior notice and depends on weather condition. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, then set out on a 3 to 4 hour drive to Got Pier on Cat Hai Island, Hai Phong City. Greeted by crew members followed by welcome drinks, get cruise briefing and check in cabin. The cruise will take you Lan Ha Bay that sits to the East of Cat Ba Island and adjacent to Ha Long Bay. This is a tranquil and less touristy area with around 400 fascinating islands that covered in lush green vegetation. Savor lunch on board while cruise heads to center of Lan Ha Bay. Explore Dark & Bright Cave by kayak or bamboo boat and go swimming in nearby area. Come back to cruise later to enjoy the magnificent sunset over the Gulf of Tonkin. Onboard you may join a traditional cooking class. Cruise chef will instruct you in the making of some Vietnam dishes. Enjoy free time on your own with karaoke singing or try your luck with squid fishing… Stay overnight on the cruise in the middle of Lan Ha Bay.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: on cruise.
Day 6: Lan Ha Bay – Hanoi – Departure.
You may like to rise early to witness the bay at its very best whilst enjoying an invigorating Tai Chi session on the sundeck. After breakfast continue your journey and explore the bay in the area where the Sang Toi cave is situated. Return to the quay side in the south of the bay to disembark. Bid farewell the cruise at Got Ferry Pier. Your driver will transfer you to Hanoi's Airport for your departure flight. Tour concludes.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
As mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfast at hotel, 5 lunches.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
There is no domestic flight included in this package
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Accommodations with daily breakfast
• Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
• Services of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle
• Service of an English/ French speaking guide
• Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• International flights into and out Vietnam
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotel
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
• Tips for tour guides and drivers
• Travel insurance
• Vietnam Visa fee.
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400