- Soak up the hustle and bustle of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
- Witness the breath-taking scenery of Ninh Binh, with Bai Dinh Pagoda & Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex.
- Take a leisurely cruise on the Lan Ha Bay, which is a tranquil part of the famous Halong Bay.
- Explore Hai Phong, the third largest city in Vietnam.
- Discover the ancient lost capital of the Lanna Kingdom in Chiang Mai.
- Visit Bangkok's most iconic landmarks.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
- 3 / 4 / 5
Tantalize the senses with this escorted tour of Mystique Northern Vietnam & Thailand. Discover enchanting Hanoi and the beautiful scenery of Ninh Binh, cruise Halong Bay, explore the ancient lost capital of the Lanna Kingdom and finish your 9 day tour in Bangkok – Thailand’s vivacious capital. A perfect blend of energetic pursuits and enchanting sights, this trip is bound to leave you breathless!
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 1,205 x 6||-||-||$ 362||$ 6,869||Book It|
|$ 1,325 x 6||-||-||$ 398||$ 7,553||Book It|
|$ 1,765 x 6||-||-||$ 530||$ 10,061||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam's bustling colonial capital. Your guide and driver will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center. Take a walk around the center, visiting some of Hanoi's main attractions: the Opera House, Old Quarter, St. Joseph's Cathedral, Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple. In the late afternoon, enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance of a unique Vietnamese Art form hailing from Southeast Asia's wet-rice culture – followed by a welcome dinner at one of Hanoi's lovely restaurants.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour.
Today is a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. Start with a visit to the Temple of Literature, which is well known as the first university of Vietnam. Follow it with one of the city's museums (a choice between the Hoa Lo Prison, the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum). In the afternoon, transfer to the Ba Dinh Square, where stands the Mausoleum of President Ho Chi Minh, who led Vietnam to its independence from French colonial rule. This site has become an important city landmark and a perfect place to learn more about Vietnam’s rich history. From there, wander through the beautiful surrounding gardens toward the One Pillar Pagoda and Presidential Palace, where a replica of Ho Chi Minh’s simple working space is on display. Later, hop on a cyclo, one of the most typical vehicles in Hanoi, is a human-powered transport with a seat at the front for passengers and the driver at the back. With this an hour leisurely ride, which is perfect chance for photos and slow-moving sightseeing, you will have a great local touch. Disembark at the ancient city gate of O Quan Chuong, then continue walking to Thanh Ha local market and through bustling streets & alleys.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi – Ninh Binh (Bai Dinh Pagoda & Trang An).
After breakfast, depart Hanoi for a countryside drive to Ninh Binh, one of the three provinces where the famous Hollywood movie "Kong: Skull Island" was casted. On arrival, start the trip with Buddha Sanctuary place of Bai Dinh Pagoda to admire the biggest bronze Buddha statue in Vietnam with 10 meters in height, 100 tons in weight. Get knowledge of beliefs and religions in Vietnam. Then enjoy a leisurely rowing-boat trip to visit Trang An, a nature reserve similar to Tam Coc, however, less crowded. Trang An is a complex of cultural, historical and natural heritage sites, recognized by UNESCO in 2014, as the world's first mixed heritage of Vietnam. Limestone hills surround a peaceful river which passes through a series of caves (one which takes 15-minutes to pass through in darkness). It is an “eco-tourism” area; the only interruptions here are the sound of birds and the gentle paddle of the oar upon the crystal clear river. Spend rest of the day as you wish at your hotel in Tam Coc.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh.
Day 4: Ninh Binh – Hai Phong – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise.
Following the breakfast, enjoy a scenic drive to Hai Phong, where you will board the cruise on an enchanting journey throughout the beautiful Ha Long Bay. On arrival, the welcome drinks, cruise briefing and safety instructions are delivered by the cruise manger followed by your cabin check in. The uniquely designed itineraries allow you to experience the less traveled routes that other cruises simply don’t reach. Apart from exploring the natural beauty of many islets in a leisure pace, the today program also includes more activities such as swimming or kayaking on the vast sea, cooking class onboard to challenge your skills in preparing a very famous Vietnamese dish (activities depend on weather, season and the specific cruise). All fresh seafood meals are on-house as well.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: on cruise.
Day 5: Halong Bay Cruise – Hai Phong – Hanoi.
Wake up to fresh coffee, doing Tai Chi before cruising back to the shore. En route the junk weaves through impressive rock formations where you can enjoy kayaking (excluded from the cruise package). After having a brunch, disembark to head to Hai Phong City, which is not only famous as a major industrial port city but there is also enormous potential for tourism. It preserved many architectural delights, including traditional architecture such as pagodas, temples and French neoclassical architecture of the old neighborhood.
Once you reach Hai Phong, start the city tour with the Opera Theatre, also called Municipal Theatre, one of three theatres built by the French in Vietnam, the cultural structure typical of Port City. Next, visit Flower Stall & Le Chan Statue - one of the female generals under the command of the Trung Sisters (Hai Ba Trung) rose against Chinese rule in the year 43 C.E. Walk along the tree lined streets of this beautiful city for the orientation. Witness the locals trading at “Iron Market” (Cho Sat), a busy city market covering a large area. Even if you don’t plan to buy anything here, it’s still an interesting experience to observe local life in this busy downtown area. Conclude your city tour of Hai Phong at Du Hang Pagoda, the ancient architecture originated during the Early Le dynasty. Admire the many valuable Buddha statues, horizontal lacquered boards and parallel sentences bearing the art style of the Nguyen Dynasty.
Later in the afternoon, drive to Hanoi on one of Vietnam’s the most modern freeways.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 6: Hanoi – Fly to Chiang Mai.
You are free to relax or explore the Old Quarter of Hanoi until your driver comes to transfer you to the Noi Bai International Airport. Take a 2-hour regional flight to Chiang Mai, the largest city in northern Thailand. Transfer to your hotel to freshen up before dinner. Begin the evening at a local temple, joining monks in their nightly chanting of prayer, lighting some incenses or burning a candle to experience this wonderful Buddhist event. Enjoy a memorable Traditional Khantoke Dinner and Show in a local restaurant. Drive over the bridge to the lively Warorot Market, a hub of local life bursting with fresh flowers and local street food stalls. The guide will help with the market explorations, top the experience off with some local Thai sweets, the perfect way to conclude the first evening in Chiang Mai.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
Accommodation: Hotel in Chiang Mai.
Day 7: Chiang Mai Discovery.
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to the old city to see its dike and ruined walls. The first visit is Chedi Luang Temple, which began construction in the 14th century but was then destroyed by an earthquake in 1545, however, it still remains the tallest structure in Chiang Mai today. Next is Phra Singh Wat - the most prestigious temple in Chiang Mai built in 1345. Visiting this temple will give you a rich glimpse of Lanna temple art and architecture. Then you continue your journey to Phrathat Doi Suthep Temple, located 1,050 meters above sea level, the most sacred temple in Northern Thailand. Here you can see the marvelous golden pagoda which is containing the holy relics of Lord Buddha. Enjoy the panoramic view of Chiang Mai City and Ping Valley from the summit of Suthep Mountain. Return to Chiang Mai in the late afternoon to relax.
Accommodation: Hotel in Chiang Mai.
Day 8: Chiang Mai – Fly to Bangkok.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your morning fly to Bangkok, Thailand’s capital, a large city known for ornate shrines and vibrant street life. Set out for the sightseeing tour to visit main attractions in Bangkok: Wat Pho – one of the largest temple complexes in city and famed for giant reclining Buddha as well as the birthplace of the traditional Thai massage; Wat Arun – better known as the Temple of the Dawn. Continue to The Grand Palace, Thailand’s most important landmark, where you will be awed by the grandeur and majesty of the building and its throne halls. Spend the rest of the evening relaxing.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bangkok.
Day 9: Bangkok Depature.
If your departure flight is after 3 P.M today, you will explore the colorful Damnoen Saduak floating market on a half-day tour from Bangkok, and experience life along Thailand’s bustling canals. Meet vendors in narrow boats piled high with fresh produce and handicrafts, sample local delicacies from riverside stalls and capture the vividly photogenic scene. Travel to the market across the lush Thai countryside that surrounds Bangkok; pass palm plantations, villages and farm fields and get a glimpse of life outside the city. Afterwards, drive to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to catch your departure flight.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request).
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
As mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfast at hotel, 2 lunches , 3 dinners and 1 brunch.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
Hanoi-Chiang Mai by Bangkok Airways Chiang Mai - Bangkok by Bangkok Airways
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Accommodations with daily breakfast.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Services of private drivers and air-conditioned vehicles.
• Service of English/ French speaking tour guides.
• Halong Bay Cruise Package (2 days/ 1 night).
• 2 domestic and regional flights: Hanoi - Chiang Mai; Chiang Mai - Bangkok.
• Entrance fees, performances, boat trips & excursions.
• International flights into Vietnam and out Thailand.
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotel.
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
• Tips for tour guides and drivers.
• Travel insurance.
• Visa fees.
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Form Angkor Wat to Bagan 12 days from $1625
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Escape to Vinh Hy Bay 4 days from $1266
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Nha Trang Beach Holiday 4 days from $130
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Mekong Delta Excursion 3 days from $225
- Highlights of Cambodia & Laos 9 days from $1010
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400