My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel by motorized-boat to see the Mekong Delta from the water.
- Enjoy hand-rowing sampan under the shady of water-coconut.
- Visit Vinh Trang Pagoda - one of the most famous religious sites in My Tho.
- Walk or ride a bicycle through rural Vietnam for picturesque sights.
- Witness craftsmen at work, see sustainable coconut processing and other local crafts.
- Taste fresh fruits and honey tea while listening to Vietnamese folk music.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
If you do not have much time but still want to catch a glimpse of local daily life on Mekong Delta, My Tho is an ideal spot, thanks to its close proximity to Ho Chi Minh City. Coming there, you can experience more traditional sides of Vietnamese life here, cycle through areas almost untouched by tourism, and admire lush vegetation all around as you sail down the rivers and canals. Set a course down the winding waters of the Mekong River as you explore quaint fishing villages and tranquil tributaries on this private tour of the Mekong Delta!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed Program of My Tho Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
This full-day excursion begins with a two hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City to My Tho. The first stop is to visit Vinh Trang Pagoda in Tien Giang Province. The pagoda is an ancient Southern gem with the combination of Asian and European architecture including Renaissance period and Romanesque. Next, continue a drive to My Tho City to take a boat trip on Mekong River. View the fishing port, the traditional stilt houses and boat building workshops and islands including Dragon, Phoenix, Unicorn and Tortoise. After lunch on one of the beautiful islands, ride a horse or take a carriage around villages to see the local life; taste tropical fruits and honey tea at bee-keeping farm; listen to traditional music and visit a local coconut candy manufacturer. Roam on village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the locals to get deeper understanding about their daily life in the watery area.
Drive another two hours back to Ho Chi Minh City and your driver will drop you at the hotel or somewhere in District 1 on request. End of services.
Duration: 8 hours.
Pickup location: Pick up at centrally located hotels in Ho Chi Minh City.
Pickup time: 7:30 A.M-8:00 A.M
Drop off location: The same place as pick up point.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Expert English-speaking local guide.
(Other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Service of experienced English speaking guide.
• Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
• Boat trip & entrance fees.
• Vietnamese lunch at local restaurant.
• Bottled drinking water.
• Flights into and out Vietnam.
• Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tips for tour guide and driver.
• Travel insurance.
• Vietnam Visa.
Dinner on Saigon River Cruise1 day from $35
Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour1 day from $47
Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour1/2 day from $19
Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour1/2 day from $23
Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City1 day from $64
Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City1 day from $59
Vung Tau Beach Relax2 days from $91
Saigon Cooking Class1/2 day from $58
Mekong Delta Excursion3 days from $225