- Visit Mekong Delta's largest floating market in Can Tho
- Strolling through the waterways of the Mekong Delta, enjoying the slow pace of life
- Taste lots of tropical fruit in Mekong Delta
- Take small boat trip in to the villages, meet up local at their home
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
- 3 / 4 / 5
The 3 day package to explore the overflowing life of the Mekong Delta, Vietnam’s “rice bowl”. See the Delta’s largest floating market, get a great perspective of Vietnamese life on the river by leisure biking and boating around the tributaries of the mighty Mekong River, from village to village…
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 225 x 6||-||-||$ 68||$ 1,283||Book It|
|$ 290 x 6||-||-||$ 87||$ 1,653||Book It|
|$ 370 x 6||-||-||$ 111||$ 2,109||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho - Tra Vinh.
Meet your tour guide and driver at the lobby of your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City then head out to My Tho in Mekong Delta. Dip into the beauty of rice fields along the way. The first stop is to visit Vinh Trang pagoda Tien Giang Province. The pagoda is an ancient Southern gem with the combination of Asian and European architecture including Renaissance period and Romanesque. Next, continue a drive to My Tho to take a boat trip on Mekong River. View the fishing port, the traditional stilt houses and boat building workshops and islands including Dragon, Phoenix, Unicorn and Tortoise. After lunch on one of the beautiful islands, ride a horse or take a carriage around villages to see the local life; taste tropical fruits and honey tea at bee-keeping farm; listen to traditional music and visit a local coconut candy manufacturer. Roam on village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the locals to get deeper understanding about their daily life in the watery area.
Then drive to Tra Vinh to overnight in this charming Khmer town.
Accommodation: Hotel in Tra Vinh.
Day 2: Tra Vinh - Can Tho.
Wake up to the serene sound of the countryside. After breakfast start the morning cycle ride around the village, discovering the way of life of the local Khmer people who have settled here. Although Khmer make up the highest percentage of the population of Tra Vinh Province, there is still a number of Vietnamese and Chinese people living in the area, which can be seen by the different style of temples in the area. Visit the Chinese, Khmer and Vietnamese temples and learn how the different cultures practise Buddhism.
You will then bike along the rice fields and witness the farmers working, before arriving at Huynh Ky ancient house combining colonial and Vietnamese architecture. The house was built in 1924 by Mr. Huynh Ky, who used to be the Head of Tra Vinh Province under the French colonial period.
On the way back, cycle past local villages and observe their daily life. Stop by at a local wet market. Be amazed by the huge array of fresh produce on offer and snap some photos of the place.
After lunch, pack your luggage then drive to Can Tho - the largest city in the Mekong Delta. Rest of the day, you may like to walk along Ninh Kieu Park and on a pedestrian bridge of Can Tho City.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho - Floating Market - Saigon.
Wake early and leave the hotel to visit the famous Cai Rang Floating Market by motor boat. Experience the daily life of the Mekong River Delta as vendors from around the region gather to sell fresh fruits, local delicacies and handmade goods. Proceed your discovery of the region with a tour of the cottage industries to see people making coconut candies and rice paper.
Return to Ninh Kieu quay, you will visit the riverside Can Tho market, the nearby Ong pagoda and Binh Thuy Communal House.
After lunch in the city, your driver will transfer you back to Ho Chi Minh City, en route take a short break at Mekong Rest-stop.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English-speaking local guide.
(Other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
As mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfast at hotel, 2 lunches.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Modern air-conditioned vehicle.
- Motorized boat on the Mekong River.
- Rowing sampan on small channels of Mekong River.
- Horse cart.
There is no domestic flight included in this package
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Accommodations with daily breakfast.
• Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
• Service of an English speaking guide.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Entrance fees, bicycle, boats for all mentioned sights visited.
• Bottled drinking water during the tour.
• Travel insurance.
• Flights into and out Vietnam.
• Vietnam Visa fee.
• Tipping and other personal expenses.
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310