- Stay at luxury 5 star accommodations/ cruise
- 25-minute scenic flight over Halong Bay by seaplane
- Cooking Class Tour in Hanoi
- Enjoy "My Village Show"
- Experience how Conical Hat made
- Visit sparkling Royal Citadel at night
- Walking tour in Hoi An Ancient Town.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
It’s impossible not to be smitten by Vietnam – amazing food, beautiful scenery and fascinating culture. This 8 day itinerary of Luxury Heritage Journey will take you into the depth of Vietnam‘s rich cultural history, whilst still giving you the option to have a relaxing holiday by the beach and staying at luxury hotels and resorts.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Xin Chao! Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam’s charming colonial capital. After clearing your immigrations and picking-up your luggage, meet your driver and guide who await for you outside the arrival hall. Transfer to your beautiful Apricot Hotel in the heart of Hanoi for check-in and get some refreshments. In the late afternoon, take a short cyclo ride through the Old Quarter and learn about this city. The orientation tour ends at one of Hanoi’s finest restaurant to savor the welcome dinner with authentic Vietnamese food.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi Cooking Class & City Tour – "My Village" Show
Famous for its well balance and fresh ingredients, Vietnamese cuisine makes it outstanding on the World’s gastronomy map. Your trip today will take you on culinary tour for deeper experience. Start with a visit to a local market and learn about ingredients, flavors and see how the local prepare for meals. Next is a short talk on the art of Hanoian gastronomy, vegetables, herbs & spices & learn how to prepare & use them. The Chef will share to you her pride of Vietnamese cuisines and the secrets how to make it good. Enjoy the local food in Hanoi style. In the afternoon take a city tour of Vietnam’s capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour takes you to Hanoi’s key sites: Hoa Loa Prison (formerly known as the “Hanoi Hilton” during the Vietnam war), Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (from outside) and the nearby One Pillar Pagoda. Return to your hotel for refreshments before transferring to Hanoi Opera House for your evening highlighted show: “My Village” - Vietnamese version of the Cirque de Soleil. This excellent show depicts Vietnamese life in a most original yet creative and unique way.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Overnight on cruise
After breakfast at hotel, get picked-up for a 2.5-hour drive to mystical Halong Bay. With its jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters, Halong Bay is among the most popular tourism destinations in Vietnam. It is also voted as one of seven World Natural Wonders and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Upon arrival, embark on your luxury cruise and being greeted by the boat crew and captain. Check-in at your en-suite cabin and get refreshment before returning to the main restaurant. Savor a gourmet lunch of fresh seafood onboard as we sail out into the mystical bay. In the afternoon, cruise around some of Halong’s many islands, including Dinh Huong and Ga Choi. Along the way visit one of the bay’s 3 largest caves (Thien Cung, Dau Go or Sung Sot). Stop at an island cove with a sheltered white-sand beach and take a dip in the warm waters of the Tonkin Gulf (weather permits). Pass the night on your junk, lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking of calm waters.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Accommodation: on cruise on Halong Bay.
Day 4: Disembark - Flying over Halong Bay - Hanoi - Fly to Hue
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea and light breakfast, before setting out to explore nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk and check-out of your cabin as you navigate back to Halong City. It’s time for you to take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of the bay. Have brunch on board the boat before returning to Halong pier. Disembark and relax at the lounge before boarding on your seaplane for a 25-minute scenic flight. Get ready for one of the most exceptional experience of your lifetime. As the plane soars up into the sky, admire the panoramic view of Halong Bay and its magnificent limestones karst, hidden lagoons and untouched beaches. This is where the newest “Kong: Skull Island” movie was filmed. The seaplane will then land on the emerald water of the bay, taking you back to Tuan Chau Island Marina. Your driver will meet you there and take you to Noi Bai Airport of Hanoi for your in-country flight to Hue. Upon arrival, your guide and driver will meet you and take you to your hotel. Check-in and enjoy your time at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue.
Day 5: Hue City Tour & Handicraft Villages
After breakfast at the hotel, embark on your private river boat for a pleasant trip to visit Thien Mu Pagoda – the most famous pagoda in Hue, located on the bank of Perfume River. Next, you will take a leisure walk around Kim Long village and stop at a traditional garden house. Learn about its distinguished architecture and the local life here. Afterwards, your private driver will pick you up and take you to Khai Dinh Tomb – a blend of Western and Eastern architecture. Then return to your hotel with stop en-route at Phu Cam Conical Hat Village. Here, you will learn how this charming hat is made. Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue.
Day 6: Hue - Danang - Hoi An - Walking Tour
Leave Hue after breakfast for a drive to Hoi An. Stop en route in Lang Co Bay, a long white-sand beach with blue seawater which offers great view of a peaceful fishing village with boats sailing in Lap An lagoon and flocks of storks flying back to their nests at dusk. Pass over the epic Hai Van pass or Pass of the Cloud, a spectacular mountain pass between Hue and Hoian, with views of the East Vietnam Sea on one side and the lush mountainous landscape on the other. Arrive at Hoi An – an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port dating from the 15th to the 19th century. In the afternoon, take a walking tour through the narrow winding streets of Hoian ancient town, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the Chinese Assembly Hall, the 200-year old Tan Ky ancestral house and the famous Japanese Bridge.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An.
Day 7: Hoi An - Free at leisure
Your full day is free for beach relaxation, shopping or sightseeing on your own. You can also choose to join our exciting optional tours at surcharge such as Vespa Tour to the countryside; Farmer & Fisherman Tour, Snorkeling in Cham Island or visit My Son Sanctuary. Please contact our travel consultant for further information.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An.
Day 8: Hoian - Danang - Departure
Have breakfast at hotel then enjoy a free morning before driving to the airport to catch your departure flight.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
As mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfast at hotel, 2 lunches , 2 dinners.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
Hanoi - Hue by Vietnam Airlines
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Luxury 5* accommodations
• Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
• 2 day/ 1 night cruise package on Halong Bay
• 1 domestic flight: Hanoi - Hue
• Services of private drivers and air-conditioned vehicles
• Service of English speaking guides
• Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• International flights into and out Vietnam
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotel
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
• Tips for tour guides and drivers
• Travel insurance
• Vietnam Visa fee.
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465