- Visit Hanoi's colonial charm.
- Explore mythical Halong Bay on a day cruise.
- Wander through the peaceful street of Hoian Ancient Town.
- Enjoy the amazing view from Hai Van pass.
- Enjoy leisure walking tour in Hue - Vietnam’s ancient capital city.
- Discover Vietnam’s modern metropolis: Saigon.
- Experience the landscape and daily life of Mekong River Delta.
- Age range
- 60+ year olds +4 more
- 3 / 4 / 5
Explore Vietnam’s highlights and get a taste for the rich culture and history. Discover Hanoi’s colonial elegance, the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay, Hoian’s tranquility, Hue’s Ancient Citadel, and the modern bustle of Saigon on this 8-day journey that takes you from north to south or vice versa.
Apply for booking running from 1 May 2020 till 30 September 2020.
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 880 x 6||-||-||$ 264||$ 5,016||Book It|
|$ 980 x 6||-||-||$ 294||$ 5,586||Book It|
|$ 1,320 x 6||-||-||$ 396||$ 7,524||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcome to Hanoi: Vietnam’s bustling colonial capital. Your guide and driver will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center. In the afternoon, take a walk around the center, visiting some of Hanoi’s main attractions: the Opera House, St. Joseph's Cathedral, Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple. In the evening enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese Art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture – followed by a welcome dinner at one of Hanoi’s finest restaurants.
Tip: In the evening, you may wish to take a peaceful stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake (Lake of the Restored Sword), a pretty lake steeped in Arturian-style legend. On weekends traffic around Hoan Kiem Lake is closed off and the area is transformed into a pedestrian space. But this pedestrian area is so much more than just a haven from the chaos of everyday traffic; it is an important community space. You can find families and couples out for a leisurely stroll, musicians performing to crowds, children (and adults) cruising around on two-wheeled hoover boards or roller skates. It is lively and a great feeling!
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour – Halong.
Enjoy a half day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital, before driving through the countryside of the Red River Delta to the magical Halong Bay. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Temple of Literature. In the afternoon, leave the bustle of the big city and drive to Halong Bay for an overnight stay.
Accommodation: Hotel in Halong.
Day 3: Halong Bay Cruise – Hanoi – Fly to Hoian.
Today enjoy a day cruise on Halong Bay: a UNESCO World Heritage Site and natural wonderland composed of jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters, located in the Gulf of Tonkin. After breakfast at the hotel, drive to the Halong harbor to board your private junk cruise for a 4-hour journey. Cruise along the calm waters, between looming, limestone outcrops to visit Dau Go Cave "Grotto of the Wooden Stakes", where, in 1288, one of Vietnam’s most famous generals, Tran Hung Dao, stored hundreds of stakes before battling the invading Mongolian army. A short walk away, visit the newly discovered Thien Cung Cave ("Grotto of the Heavenly Palace"), famous for its stalagmites and stalactites. Savor a fresh seafood lunch, served on board before sailing back to Halong City, where your car will be waiting to take you to Hanoi's airport for your flight to Danang. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in Hoian.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoian.
Day 4: Hoian Walking Tour – Boat trip.
Immerse yourself in the tranquility and charm of this sleepy riverside town. From the 16th to 18th centuries Hoian was a thriving international port frequented by Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Arab traders, who came to trade in the high quality silk still produced in the region. Today, Hoian is a relaxing resort popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, skilled tailors and numerous cafes. Take a half-day walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the ancient town centre, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the Chinese Assembly Hall, the 200-year old Tan Ky ancestral house and the famous Japanese Bridge.
After lunch, take a short boat trip to a nearby island and visit a handicraft village specializing in ceramics. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and enjoy a free evening at your leisure.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoian.
Day 5: Hoian – Danang – Hue.
Depart Hoian for the scenic mountainous drive to Hue. Stop at the dramatic Hai Van Pass, the high dividing line between the climate zones of North and South Vietnam, to admire the spectacular views and at the fishing village of Lang Co for a drink. Spend the afternoon on a leisurely walking tour through Vietnam’s ancient capital city, visiting the Royal Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda and the Mausoleum of King Tu Duc (a replica of the king’s palace built for the next reincarnation of the king), before exploring the Imperial Museum and Dong Ba Market.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue.
Day 6: Hue – Fly to Saigon.
Have breakfast at the hotel then drive to Phu Bai Airport of Hue to catch your flight to Vietnam’s modern metropolis: Saigon. Arrive in the late morning and enjoy an orientation tour through Ho Chi Minh City’s bustling streets en route to the hotel. Have lunch at a downtown restaurant of your choosing then set out on a guided city tour. Visit the War Remnants Museum, learn about Vietnam’s recent history at Reunification Palace, visit the nearby neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral and the City's Centre Post Office before passing by the ornate Opera Theatre and the City Hall. Finally, end up at the Ben Thanh Market, where vendors display a vast array of goods and handicrafts, appealing to every taste.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Day 7: Saigon – Mekong Delta day trip.
Today you travel to the Mekong River Delta on a day trip to explore the rich culture and lush fluvial landscape. After breakfast, your guide & driver will meet you at your hotel and take you to Cai Be. Start your tour with a visit to Cai Be floating market, cruising among the local barges stuffed-full of fruits and vegetables. Visit some local workshops then enjoy a delicious lunch served at a local house in the cool shade of An Binh Island’s orchards. In the afternoon, take a traditional rowboat and venture deeper into the countryside, floating through narrow canals to enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Stop at a nursery garden to discover how farmers along the delta produce their world famous fruits and vegetables. The cruise ends and your driver will transfer you back to Saigon.
Meals: Breakfast. Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
Day 8: Saigon Departure.
Today is free at your leisure for last minute shopping or sight-seeing before driving to the airport to catch your departure flight home.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Private English speaking guides (other languages on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
As mentioned in the itinerary: Daily breakfast at hotels, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
Boat: Halong Bay day boat, Mekong Delta boat
Hanoi - Danang
Hue - Saigon
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Breakfast & meals as mentioned in the itinerary
• Transport by private car with AC
• English-speaking guides
• 2 Domestic flights (Hanoi – Danang, Hue – Saigon)
• All entrance fees, performances, boat trips & excursions.
• International Flights
• Travel insurance
• Vietnam Visa
• Gratuities for tour guides/ drivers
• Beverages & other personal expenses
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Mekong Delta Excursion 3 days from $225
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Form Angkor Wat to Bagan 12 days from $1625
- Escape to Vinh Hy Bay 4 days from $1266
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Nha Trang Beach Holiday 4 days from $130
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- Highlights of Cambodia & Laos 9 days from $1010
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465