- Cruise on the less travelled area in Lan Ha bay.
- Discover Halong Bay in the most romantic way.
- Discover the home of King Kong in Ninh Binh
- Meet & talk to local people at their home and their works.
- Using the luxury services through out the journey.
- Age range
- < 18 year olds +4 more
Our Highlights of the North Vietnam takes you on a scenic adventure full of culture and stunning bay of decent Dragons. Experience local street foods in Hanoi fascinating Old Quarter, pay a visit to Bai Dinh – one of the largest glimmering pagoda complex in South East Asia, enjoy breathtaking views of Trang An – a complex ecosystem of mountains, caves, river-valleys, woods as well as cultural and historical relics, and sail on the World Heritage Site of Halong Bay but less visited route.
Apply for booking running from 1 May 2020 till 30 September 2020.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcomed by Vietnam Travel’s local driver and transferred to Thien Thai, a luxury boutique hotel on a quiet side street yet close to Hanoi's Old Quarter and business district. Take an orientation walking tour to visit the Opera House, Hoan Kiem Lake with Ngoc Son Temple, St. Joseph's Cathedral. Then experience the sights, the sounds, the culture and of course the awesome Hanoi street foods as you walk around the heart of the Old Quarter.
Accommodation: Thien Thai Hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh (Bai Dinh & Trang An).
After breakfast, your tour guide and driver will pick you up at the hotel then journey southward to Ninh Binh Province where presents you an ancient land enriched with cultural and geographic wonders that were recently World Heritage Site listed.
Upon arrival at approximately 10:00 A.M, you will start your tour by visiting Bai Dinh Pagoda complex, one of the largest pagodas not only in Vietnam but also in Southeast Asia. This place is scenically set on the foothill of Dinh Mountain, surrounded by amazing views of the exquisite river valley below, and dotted with limestone karsts, which will take your breath away. The pagoda complexes stunningly boast an array of the most massive and magnificent refined Vietnamese architecture, which will take a full day to explore. With sacred atmospheres and an intriguing Buddhism story told by your guide, you cannot fail to be enchanted. Some of the highlights are:
- 500 stone statues of “La Han” (Arhats),
- Two huge bronze bells, one weighs 27 tons, the other 36 tons,
- Three bronze statues of “Tam The” (50 tons each).
The visit ends with a walk up the summit mountain to see the 100-ton bronze statue of Buddha Sakyamuni and a chance to enjoy the panoramic view of the picturesque landscape dotted with limestone mountains.
After lunch at a local restaurant, you will leave for the Trang An Grottoes, a UNESCO-listed series of grottoes carved from the region's striking natural monoliths of limestone, which rises dramatically out from the rice paddy fields. Deep among the towering mountains, are pristine places of mystical valleys, numerous fresh water ponds, and jungle. Embark on a traditional sampan gently rowed down the exquisite river through numerous caves: "Hang Toi" (Dark Cave), "Hang Sang" (Light Cave) and "Hang Nau Ruou" (Cooking Wine Cave). Every passage brings a new hidden inside isolated valleys of tranquility, which perhaps transformed to another world and time. The fauna and flora is rich, and a scene of a goat jumping from one cliff to the other is a common sight. Enjoy the sunset over the lime karsts while cruising on the clear water back to the main tourist boat terminal. The boat trip in Trang An is around 2.5 hours and through 9-11 caves like a circle.
At the end of the tour, transfer to The Reed Hotel, an ideal place to stay, to experience local atmosphere and explore the spectacular Ancient Capital of Vietnam, for overnight.
Accommodation: The Reed Hotel.
Day 3: Ninh Binh – Hai Phong – Lan Ha Bay – Overnight on cruise.
With an elegant design of three decks, the V'Spirit Premier features an original oriental tone, Vietnamese traditional decorative style together with the infinite care taken to use only the high quality materials in construction and decoration creating luxury appointments and five-star-class service. In Halong Bay, the V’Spirit Premier Cruise takes the route less travelled, bestowing to you a chance to step back in time and see the bay before the dawn of tourism. We find this in Lan Ha Bay, the southern section of Halong Bay and an indistinguishable limestone copy of its more famous neighbour. Here, the voice of the wild speaks louder than the roar of the engine, where statuesque mountains, evocative caverns and jungle-clad islands comprise nature’s silent masterpiece.
Following the breakfast, enjoy a scenic drive thought Red River Delta to Hai Phong where you will board the cruise on an enchanting journey throughout the beautiful Lan Ha Bay, the smart alternative to the crowded Halong Bay. On arrival, welcome drinks, cruise briefing and safety instructions are delivered by the cruise manger, followed by your cabin check in. The uniquely designed itineraries allow you to experience the less traveled routes that other cruises simply don’t reach. Apart from exploring the natural beauty of many islets in a leisure pace, the today program also includes more activities such as swimming or kayaking on the vast sea, cooking demonstration onboard to challenge your skills in preparing a very famous Vietnamese dish (activities depend on weather, season and the specific cruise). All fresh seafood meals are on-house as well.
Before you come back to your cabin tonight, perhaps you would like to head to the bar, the spa or join the crew for some squid fishing.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: on V’Spirit Premier Cruises.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Departure.
Wake up to fresh coffee, doing Tai Chi before cruising back to the shore. En route the junk weaves through impressive rock formations where you can enjoy kayaking. After having a brunch, farewell the crew team and disembark at the Got Pier. Head to Hai Phong City on a complimentary tour of Vietnam’s third largest city that Vietnam Travel specially offers for those traveling on the V’Spirit Premier Cruises.
Hai Phong is not only famous as a major industrial port city but there is also enormous potential for tourism. It preserved many architectural delights, including traditional architecture such as pagodas, temples and French neoclassical architecture of the old neighborhood. Once you reach Hai Phong, start the city tour with the Opera Theatre, also called Municipal Theatre, one of three theatres built by the French in Vietnam, the cultural structure typical of Port City. Next, visit Flower Stall & Le Chan Statue - one of the female generals under the command of the Trung Sisters (Hai Ba Trung) rose against Chinese rule in the year 43 C.E. Walk along the tree lined streets of this beautiful city for the orientation. Witness the locals trading at “Iron Market” (Cho Sat), a busy city market covering a large area. Even if you don’t plan to buy anything here, it’s still an interesting experience to observe local life in this busy downtown area. Conclude your city tour of Hai Phong at Du Hang Pagoda, the ancient architecture originated during the Early Le dynasty. Admire the many valuable Buddha statues, horizontal lacquered boards and parallel sentences bearing the art style of the Nguyen Dynasty.
Later in the afternoon, drive to Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport on one of Vietnam’s most modern freeways for your onward flight. Tour concludes.
If you need any further tour arrangements, accommodation booking or excursion, please contact Vietnam Travel’s consultant for assistance.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English speaking tour guide.
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Hanoi street food.
- 2 Breakfasts.
- 1 Lunch.
- 1 Dinner.
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private car with A/C.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• 4-Star Accommodations with daily breakfast.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Private car with A/C for all transfers.
• 5-star V’Spirit Premier Cruises (2D1N package).
• Onboard insurance, taxes and service charges.
• Sightseeing ticket & boat trip.
• International flight into and out Vietnam.
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
• Personal travel insurance.
• Post tour accommodation.
• Visa stamp fee.
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Form Angkor Wat to Bagan 12 days from $1625
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Escape to Vinh Hy Bay 4 days from $1266
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Nha Trang Beach Holiday 4 days from $130
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Mekong Delta Excursion 3 days from $225
- Highlights of Cambodia & Laos 9 days from $1010
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465