- Visit Bai Dinh Pagoda - the largest glimmering pagoda complex in South East Asia.
- Enjoy rowing boat ride through Trang An Grottoes - called as an "outdoor geological museum" with numerous caves, mountains, valley water, trees and the historic relic.
- Have lunch with local distinctive specialties
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
Travel to Ninh Binh Province to explore Bai Dinh, a complex of Buddhist temples featuring the largest bronze Buddha statue in Vietnam. Afterward, explore Trang An is many hidden caves by sampan, navigating the surprising grotto network with a knowledgeable local tour guide.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed Program of Ninh Binh Day Trip from Hanoi
Our Vietnam Travel's tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi's Old Quarter then journey southward to Ninh Binh Province, where presents you an ancient land enriched with cultural and geographic wonders that were recently World Heritage Site listed.
Upon arrival at approximately 10:00 A.M, you will start your tour by visiting Bai Dinh Pagoda complex, one of the largest pagodas not only in Vietnam but also in Southeast Asia. This place is scenically set on the foothill of Dinh Mountain, surrounded by amazing views of the exquisite river valley below, and dotted with limestone karsts, which will take your breath away. The pagoda complexes stunningly boast an array of the most massive and magnificent refined Vietnamese architecture which will take a full day to explore. With sacred atmospheres and an intriguing Buddhism story told by your guide, you cannot fail to be enchanted. Some of the highlights are:
- 500 stone statues of “La Han” (Arhats),
- Two huge bronze bells, one weighs 27 tons, the other 36 tons,
- Three bronze statues of “Tam The” (50 tons each).
The visit ends with a walk up the summit mountain to see the 100 ton bronze statue of Buddha Sakyamuni and a chance to enjoy the panoramic view of the picturesque landscape dotted with limestone mountains.
After lunch at a local restaurant, you will leave for the Trang An Grottoes, a UNESCO-listed series of grottoes carved from the region's striking natural monoliths of limestone, which rises dramatically out from the rice paddy fields. Deep among the towering mountains, are pristine places of mystical valleys, numerous fresh water ponds, and jungle. Embark on a traditional sampan gently rowed down the exquisite river through numerous caves: "Hang Toi" (Dark Cave), "Hang Sang" (Light Cave) and "Hang Nau Ruou" (Cooking Wine Cave). Every passage brings a new hidden inside isolated valleys of tranquility, which perhaps transformed to another world and time. The fauna and flora is rich, and a scene of a goat jumping from one cliff to the other is a common sight. Enjoy the sunset over the lime karsts while cruising on the clear water back to the main tourist boat terminal. The boat trip in Trang An is around 2.5 hours and through 9-11 caves like a circle.
At the end of the tour, return to Hanoi and get dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 10-11 hours.
Pickup location: Pick up at centrally located hotels in Hanoi's Old Quarter.
Pickup time: 7:30 A.M-8:00 A.M.
Drop off location: The same place as pick up point.
• Service of experienced English speaking guide.
• Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
• Boat trip & entrance fees.
• Vietnamese lunch at local restaurant.
• Bottled drinking water.
• Flights into and out Vietnam.
• Accommodation in Hanoi.
• Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tips for tour guide and driver.
• Travel insurance.
• Vietnam Visa.
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000