- Stay at luxury 5 star accommodation/ cruise.
- Visit keysites of Hanoi - Vietnam's charming capital.
- Cyclo ride around Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Enjoy Water Puppet Show in Hanoi.
- Overnight cruise on a traditional junk boat on Halong Bay.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
A “Hanoi – Halong Luxury Experience – 4 Days” offers all the richness of its ancient culture of Hanoi capital city combined with magnificent scenery of Halong Bay, friendly people and the conveniences of the modern facilities. Every aspect of the trip is exciting, from the Old Quarter of Hanoi, to the top luxury cruise on Halong Bay…
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcome to Hanoi: Vietnam’s bustling colonial capital. Your driver and guide will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center.
Check in at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel, an award-winning French colonial-style located in the heart of Hanoi.
In the afternoon, enjoy a cyclo tour through the Old Quarter’s narrow streets lined with French colonial buildings – followed by a gourmet dinner at one of Hanoi’s finest restaurants.
Accommodation: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour.
Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone.
Your city tour(flexible and could be ammended to your own interests) will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Temple of Literature; West Lake including the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda & Quan Thanh Temple; and one of the city's museums (a choice between the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum).
Later in the afternoon, enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture.
Accommodation: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel.
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise.
After breakfast at hotel, your driver will meet you at hotel at 8:00 A.M to take you on a 2.5 hour drive passing the countryside of the Red River Delta to Halong Bay. Launched in November 2009 and outfitted in a classic 1930’s Indochine style, the Halong Violet is one of the most luxurious five-star junk in Halong. Composed of 6 individual themed cabins all including a marble bathroom, jacuzzi and private balcony; the Violet also features a boutique dining room, library & lounge, as well as a state of the art spa & gym. The cruise got well annual maintenance and it still remains the top luxury cruise on the bay.
12.30 Transfer by tender to the boat – enjoy welcome drink, receive cruise briefing and safety instructions.
12.45 Check in and begin cruise.
13.00 Lunch is served. Spa services available after lunch and throughout the cruise. There is a menu of available services in your cabin (You may book services with Spa staff after lunch or at any time with any of the boat's management or guide staff).
15:45 Arrive at the Cua Van floating fishing village area. Upon arrival you will be transferred by tender to Tien Ong cave. There are many caves in Halong Bay, but Tien Ong is the most recently explored and opened for public access. In 2007 a team of Vietnamese archeologists conducted extensive research which led to the discovery of human bones and artifacts dating to 10,000 – 8,000 BC. The cave has a wide, but short entrance which is said to resemble the shape of a frog's mouth. The cave is 5 meters above sea level and is 50 meters deep and covers 1000 square meters, almost evenly split into two chambers. You will tour the cave for about 15 minutes. From the cave you will re-board the tender and make the short trip to the village. There are two options for exploring the village: + One option is to transfer on small bamboo boats rowed by the local people. + The second option is to travel by kayak (self-rowed). The kayaking option is $20 per person. 17.15 Depart and sail for about 45 minutes to Luon Bo area, where we will anchor for overnight. 18.00 Violet's Chef will demonstrate the preparation of a particular Vietnamese cuisine in the dining room. Your onboard guide will let you know what item will be prepared and will explain the process during the demonstration. Duration about 20 – 30 minutes. 19.30 Dinner is served.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Violet Cruise.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Departure.
06.30 Coffee, tea and breakfast pastries served in the dining room.
07.00 Enjoy Tai Chi instruction on the sundeck (duration about 20 minutes).
07.15 Arrive at Soi Sim Island.
07.30 Transfer by tender to the Island. There is a beach for swimming and you may also hike to the top of the island for great views and photo opportunities. The hike involves walking up about 400 stone steps; it normally takes about 10-15 minutes to the top. If you plan on hiking please be sure to wear proper footwear. You will spend about one hour on the island.
08.30 Upon return to the boat you will have one hour to freshen up and finish packing. Please remove all of your belongings from the cabin, you may leave heavy luggage outside of the cabin (staff will transfer directly to the pier). Depart for Tuan Chau Marina.
09.30 Breakfast served in the dining room. We will settle bills after breakfast. Relax on the sundeck or in the dining room enjoying the bay scenery as you approach the pier.
11:00 Disembarkation and transfer by tender to Tuan Chau Marina. Transfer to Noi Bai International Airport of Hanoi for your departure flight.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English speaking guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary:Daily breakfast at hotel/ cruise, 1 lunch on cruise, 2 dinners
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Private Car/Van with Air-Conditioning.
There is no domestic flight included in this package
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• 2 nights at Sofitel Metropole Hanoi (Grand Luxury Room - Historical Metropole Wing).
• 1 night on Violet Cruise (Junior Suite).
• Breakfast & meals per mentioned in the itinerary.
• Transport by private car with AC.
• English-speaking guide.
• Water & First Aid.
• Entrance fees, performances, boat trip & excursions.
• Travel insurance.
• Vietnam Visa fee.
• Flight ticket.
• Kayaking & Spa service.
• Gratuities for tour guides/ drivers.
• Beverages & other personal expenses.
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Authentic Vietnam Cambodia 18 days from $1870
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465