- Visit Cao Dai Temple and attend the noon ceremony organized by the Cao Dai followers.
- Delve into an underground world of guerrilla warfare in the incredible Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Discover the historical significance of the tunnel network and the role it played in the Vietnam War.
- Taste some of the cassava that the Viet Cong ate during the Vietnam War.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
Visit the Cao Dai Temple and learn about the stunning architecture of South East Asia and join the noon mass of the Cao Dai faithful. Then, explore the Cu Chi Tunnels – the underground network of rooms used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War, watch a war documentary, shoot an AK-47, and more.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed itinerary of Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels
The tour begins with a pickup from your central Ho Chi Minh City hotel and an around 3-hour drive to Cao Dai Temple in Tay Ninh. On arrival, set out to explore the sacred temple with your guide and learn more about the fascinating Cao Dai religion, which borrows elements from Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, and Taoism. Then, take part in the midday mass, admiring the monks in their colorful robes and listening to the mesmerizing chants.
After stopping for lunch at a local restaurant, continue to discover one of the most fascinating remnants of the Vietnam - American war: the Cu Chi Tunnels. Venture underground to explore the network of tunnels and bunkers, which stretch for over 124 miles (200km), and hear how they were used by the Viet Cong guerilla fighters. During your visit, learn more about the tunnels by watching a video presentation; explore the underground war bunkers, command centers, and weapons stores; pose for photos peeking out of a camouflaged trapdoor; and sample ‘cassava’, a popular dish eaten by the guerrilla fighters. Test your aim as you try to fire an AK-47 at the shooting range before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
English-speaking local guide.
(Other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Service of an English speaking guide.
• Service of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles.
• Entrance fees.
• Bottled drinking water.
• Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary.
• AK-47 fee.
• Tips for tour guide and driver.
• Travel insurance.