Can Tho City Tour
- Can Tho Grand Prison, an important historical site to visit in the city.
- Quang Duc Pagoda, one of the biggest and most active Buddhist Temples with monks living in the premises.
- Binh Thuy ancient house, built in 1870 with French style in architecture but still remained traditional features of Southern style.
- Muoi Cuong Garden - Mien Tay Homestay, a lush orchard with a variety of Southern fruits.
- Age range
- 13 - 90 years old
Lying by the mighty Hau River, the southernmost tributary of the mother river Mekong, Can Tho is a delightful gateway to Mekong Delta. Most people travel here with the main aim of visiting the Cai Rang famous floating market but the city itself is well worth a few excursions of your time. Take part in this half-day Can Tho City Tour with Vietnam Travel and discover many of interesting activities are not yet covered by travel books and other standard tour operators.
– This half day tour is optional and only arranged for travelers who are on tour with Vietnam Travel.
– It is not sold for FIT as a single service due to arrangement of tour guide and transportation is from our Ho Chi Minh City Office (170km far from Can Tho City).
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Detailed itinerary of Can Tho City Tour (half day)
On this half-day Can Tho City Tour with Vietnam Travel’s local guide, you will learn about the history of the city, discover unknown sights of interest and dive into Can Tho’s exciting historic turns which you will find in no travel guide. You will visit Can Tho Grand Prison, learn about the head of city during French colonial times, understand more about the Vietnam war (closed on Sat & Sun). The next stop is Quang Duc Pagoda where you will meet monks in this new Khmer temple. Though small, it is worth a quick visit.
Continue drive to The Ancient House of Binh Thuy. A visit to the Binh Thuy Ancient Home is a wonderful look back in time to how the upper-class of the Mekong Delta lived in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The home was famously used in the movie “The Lover” directed by Jean Jacques Annaud, telling the story of a young Marguerite Duras, set during Indochina times.
Head over to Mien Tay Homestay, which is not just a homestay but also a modest cacao farm run by Lam The Cuong and his family. Over here you can do a small tour of the farm and learn how fruit from a cacao tree becomes familiar cacao products you can buy at the supermarket, such as body butter, liquor and of course, chocolate. Enjoy a taste of rural life in My Khanh Tourist Garden which boasts bountifulness of the nature and a peaceful atmosphere of a garden lying on the bank of Mekong River.
A car will take you back to the hotel, tour finishes.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Expert English-speaking local guide.
(Other languages on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Service of a private driver and an air-conditioned vehicle.
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
Recently viewed packages
• Service of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicle.
• Service of an English speaking guide.
• Sightseeing ticket.
• Bottled drinking water and wet tissue.
• Accommodation in Can Tho.
• Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tips for tour guide and driver.
• Travel insurance.
• Visa arrangements.