- See Hanoi's colonial charm.
- Visit Sapa and trek along the spectacular landscapes & colorful hill tribe villages.
- Discover mythical Halong Bay on an overnight cruise.
- Visit one of the most beautiful caves in Phong Nha.
- Enjoy the amazing view from Hai Van Pass.
- Explore the peaceful and beauty of Hoian.
- Experience the landscape and daily life of Mekong.
- Relax on the beautiful beach in Kep.
- Admire the mystery of Angkor temples.
- Age range
- < 18 year olds +4 more
- 3 / 4 / 5
Immerse yourself in the communities of the Vietnamese and Khmer people. Delve deeply into the cultures of the 2 most interesting countries in the Indochina, in our authentic 18 day adventure. The trip begins in North Vietnam with the unique and colorful beauty of ethnic mountain towns. Visit Hanoi, the elegant capital of Vietnam and embark on an overnight cruise on the spectacular Halong Bay. The journey continues to Ninh Binh and drives along the scenic pass through Phong Nha National Park to Hue and Hoi An.
Parts of the journey will take you on the historical Ho Chi Minh Trails (HCM) and the famous Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of the Vietnamese/American War..
Your adventure continues to the remote areas of mighty waterways of the Mekong Delta, also known as the Nine Dragon River. Later relax on some of the most beautiful beaches in the Gulf of Siam before exploring the complexity of Angkor Temples in Siem Reap.
This adventure is created for those who love nature, discovery and diversity of local cultures.
Please contact our Vietnam Travel Consultants for more details and the best offer.
Let our travel consultant custommized your dream Vietnam Package
Go to customize.
|Service Category||2 Adult(s)||0 Child(s)||0 Infant(s)||Discount||Total||Select|
|$ 1,870 x 6||-||-||$ 561||$ 10,659||Book It|
|$ 2,160 x 6||-||-||$ 648||$ 12,312||Book It|
|$ 2,830 x 6||-||-||$ 849||$ 16,131||Book It|
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival.
Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam’s bustling colonial capital. Your driver and guide will meet you outside the baggage claim of Noi Bai Airport and take you to your hotel in the city center. In the afternoon, enjoy an orientation walk, visiting Hanoi’s main attractions: the Opera House, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple. In the evening, savor a welcome dinner of authentic Vietnamese food at one of Hanoi’s finest restaurants.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour – Drive to Sapa.
With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. This morning you will visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the nearby One Pillar Pagoda, and the Ethnology Museum. After lunch in a local restaurant, leave Hanoi for Sapa on a 6 hour journey on the Vietnam’s longest and modern highway which opened to public in September 2014. On arrival, check into your hotel and overnight in Sapa Town.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa.
Day 3: Sapa Trekking Tour (Sa Seng – Hau Thao – Ta Van).
Enjoy breakfast in the hotel while breathing fresh mountain air.
At 10:00 A.M, leave Sapa by car toward Lao Cai City, after a 3 km drive you will ascend a hill to a remote ethnic minority village of Sa Seng where you will be able to see how the Black H'mong's daily life is, This community has recently shifted from a migratory lifestyle. Notice the traces of past villages with stone wall foundations that would have been seasonally used. Enjoy lunch in Sa Seng, before trekking uphill along the side of Den Thang Mt. After an hour arrive at Hang Da Village, at the elevation of 1,800m. Take in the breathtaking view of the Muong Hoa Valley. The next 30 minutes are level walking before descending through Hau Chu Ngai village. Continue descending into Hong Den Hamlet, consisting of only a few homes scattered on a rocky point. Take a moment to enjoy some of the best scenery in the area. Keep trekking down the trail to Hau Thao village and then go across the suspension bridge to Ta Van village where you will experience your night at home-stay with Dzay tribal family. The hard work is rewarded this evening with a delicious home cooked dinner!
Meals: Breakfast, Picnic Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Homestay in Ta Van Village.
Day 4: Sapa – Hanoi.
After a breakfast of pancakes with honey and bananas, coffee and tea, farewell the local host and continue on with some more trekking – from Ta Van to Lao Chai village via rice paddies and trail. You will visit a number of H’mong houses and a local school along the way. The trek finishes at Lao Chai Bridge where you meet your driver then transfer to Sapa. You will have a couple of hours to shower and enjoy lunch in town before driving back to Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 5: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise.
(The itinerary is a sample, depends on weather and it will be different between cruises. Our travel consultants will provide the exact schedule and program if you book other cruise such as Hera Cruise, Halong President Cruise, Emperor Cruise, Halong Violet, Halong Jasmine, Paradise Luxury Cruises, Orchid Cruise, Indochina Sails, Au Co Cruise, Starlight Cruise etc.)
Halong Bay is one of the most loved spots in Vietnam for a reason - it's gorgeous. On this Halong Bay tour, we take you away from the hectic pace of life in Hanoi and introduce you to the tranquil, beautiful Halong Bay... Following breakfast, journey east through the rich farmland of the Red River Delta to Halong Bay, truly one of Vietnam's most scenic impressive sights. On arrival you are welcomed onboard a traditional junk. Settle into a private comfortable cabin and unpack for a two day cruise around Halong Bay. Along the way, enjoy a huge lunch served on board and admire the picturesque scenery of islands. These limestone karst formations are littered with beaches, grottoes and beautiful caves. You will anchor for a leisurely swim in a secluded cove and an enjoyable visit to Sung Sot cave, one of the many hidden grottoes beneath towering cliffs. The remainder of day is for your own pleasure; observing the bay, lazing around the deck or simply soaking up the sunshine.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: on cruise on Halong Bay.
Day 6: Halong Bay – Ninh Binh.
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea, before setting out to explore the nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk for brunch then take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of Bai Tu Long Bay as you navigate back to Halong City, where driver will meet you at the dock and transfer to Ninh Binh (about 4 hours). On arrival, check in to your hotel and spend a night at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh.
Day 7: Ninh Binh – Quang Binh.
After breakfast, board your sampan to Tam Coc, a river landscape dotted with caves, pagodas and jagged limestone formations in the late afternoon before the crowded excursion groups coming. As the boat gently slices through the water, notice limestone karsts jetting skywards out of electric green rice paddies – you won’t be able to stop taking photos in the sunrise! Bid farewell to Ninh Binh and head to Quang Binh, a province on the North Central Coast of Vietnam. Check into the Sun Spa Resort, located along pristine white sand Bao Ninh Beach and on the banks of the legendary of Nhat Le River. Spend rest of the day on beach.
Accommodation: Hotel in Quang Binh.
Day 8: Quang Binh – Paradise Cave – Quang Binh.
Discovered by local man Ho Khanh in 2005, members of the British Cave Research Association (BCRA) then explored it and came up with the name "Paradise”. It is 31.4km long, but only the first kilometer has been opened to tourists. This morning, head to Paradise Cave (or Dong Thien Duong), in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, a UNESCO-recognized World Natural Heritage Site, opened to the public in 2010. You will have a chance to see one of the larger and most impressive accessible caves in the area. You will see the large entrance of this cave after climbing 524 stairs. Descend into the cave on a wooden walkway, made to protect and preserve the fragile cave formations. This walkway continues for 1 km through the enormous, well lighted cave. Then the trail traverses the dense forest along the sparkling waters of the Chay River and the Nuoc Mooc spring. This river comes from an underground cave. The water is a striking light blue color, and the temperature stays at a constant 19°C. You may admire the birds, butterflies, dragonflies or endangered monkeys and also refresh yourselves at a delightful swimming area. Have lunch at a local restaurant with a beautiful view on the nearby lake and the pine forest. Take the short drive along the strategic Ho Chi Minh trails and got brief information of the Wars from the local guide before getting back to the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Quang Binh.
Day 9: Quang Binh – Hue.
After breakfast, head off for Hue via Quang Tri with some visits and short breaks en route. You will go through the DMZ, where some of the bloodiest battles were fought during the American War. Late morning, take a fascinating tour of the Vinh Moc Tunnels kept as a monument to the determination of the Vietnamese to continue living in their traditional village areas. Whole villages moved underground and lived in these tunnels and caverns. Visit Hien Luong Bridge and museums containing photographs and memorials of the war. Continue on and cross the Ben Hai River, used to demarcate the division between North and South Vietnam. Have lunch in a local restaurant in Dong Ha town and drive to Hue with a stop at a small church showing the signs of mortar attack in the area. On arrival, check into your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue.
Day 10: Hue – Hoian.
Start the day with a visit to the Imperial Citadel, home to the Imperial City and Forbidden Purple City – once the Emperor's private residence. The Imperial City was created in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. The Imperial Enclosure houses many palaces and temples within its walls. Continue on your tour stopping at the Imperial Museum, Tu Hieu Pagoda and vibrant Dong Ba riverside market. Then depart Hue for the scenic mountainous drive to Hoian. Stop at the fishing village of Lang Co for a drink and at the dramatic Hai Van Pass, the high dividing line between the climate zones of North and South Vietnam, to admire the spectacular views. Arrive in the sleepy riverside town, Hoian, in the late afternoon, check in hotel and then enjoy the rest of the evening free at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoian.
Day 11: Hoian Walking Tour.
Enjoy time for relaxation as you immerse yourself in the tranquility and charm of this sleepy riverside town. From the 16th to 18th centuries Hoian was a thriving international port frequented by Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Arab traders, who came to trade in the high quality silk still produced in the region. Today, Hoian is a relaxing resort popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, skilled tailors and numerous cafes. Take a half-day walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the ancient quarter, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the Chinese Assembly Hall, the 200-year-old Tan Ky ancestral house and the famous Japanese Bridge. In the afternoon, enjoy free time to shop, explore the town or relax on Cua Dai Beach.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoian.
Day 12: Hoian – Danang – Fly to Ho Chi Minh City.
Have breakfast at the hotel then drive to the airport to catch your flight to Vietnam’s modern metropolis: Saigon. Arrive in the late morning and enjoy an orientation tour through Ho Chi Minh City’s bustling streets en route to the hotel. Have lunch at a downtown restaurant of your choosing then set out on a guided city tour. The rest of this afternoon you will visit such sites as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the City Post Office and Ben Thanh Market.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 13: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta – Can Tho.
After breakfast, you leave Saigon and travel to the Mekong River Delta. Arrive in Cai Be at around 11:00 AM and start your tour of the delta with a private cruise to visit Cai Be which was famous as the floating market, passing by a beautiful cathedral. Proceed to local cottage industries, home factories to see how rice paste, rice cookies and coconut candies are made, along with the longan fruit drying process. Sail along some of the Mekong’s innumerable branches and creeks and visit local orchards and an ancient house over 170 years old built by the French. Then cross Tien Giang River, one of the two large “arms” of the Mekong, by motorized boat to visit some fluvial islands and explore the countryside by bicycle. Your driver will be waiting for you on the other side of the river to take you on a 45 minute journey to the largest city in the Mekong: Can Tho, a buzzing town with a lively waterfront and a colorful mix of narrow back streets that make for some rewarding exploration. Rest of the day, you are at leisure.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Can Tho.
Day 14: Can Tho – Ha Tien – Kep.
Wake early and leave the hotel to visit the famous Cai Rang floating market by motor boat. Experience the daily life of the Mekong River Delta as vendors from around the region gather to sell fresh fruits, local delicacies and handmade goods. Continue to the Xa Xia (Ha Tien) border crossing, where you will farewell Vietnam to enter Cambodia. Meet your Cambodian tour guide and driver on the other side, Prek Chak, and then spend a 45 minute journey to Kep, home to numerous small calm beaches.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kep.
Day 15: Kep – Phnom Penh.
After breakfast, enjoy some time at leisure on beach until your transfer to Phnom Penh. The journey is about 3 hours (170km).
Accommodation: Phnom Penh.
Day 16: Phnom Penh – Fly to Siem Reap.
After breakfast, visit the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious ‘Killing Fields’ of Choeung Ek. A visit to these sights provides a deep insight into the painful bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. Then your driver will transfer you to the airport to take a short flight to Siem Reap, the gateway into the ancient Angkor temples. Rest of the day, you are free to relax or enjoy a wander around town.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 17: Siem Reap – Angkor Temples.
Enjoy an entire day dedicated to discovering the mysterious Angkor temples. Wake before dawn and take a “tuk-tuk” ride to visit the magnificent Angkor Wat - the largest Khmer temple and finest example of Angkorian art and architecture. Return to hotel for breakfast then set back out on the tour to visit the jungle-entwined temple, Ta Prohm. From there you will proceed to Angkor Thom’s imposing South Gate, topped with the four serenely smiling faces of Avalokiteshvara. Next, visit Bayon Temple, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 18: Siem Reap – Tonle Sap Lake – Departure.
This morning, take a short walk through a tranquil Siem Reap neighborhood to learn about the local way of life before driving to Tonle Sap Lake, South East Asia’s largest freshwater lake with its size varying greatly depending on the season. A boat trip on the lake reveals rural Cambodian life as it co-exists with the seasonal floods, with floating and stilted villages where communities dwell in an aquatic world. Return to Siem Reap for lunch then drive to the airport to catch your departure flight. Safe travels & See you again!
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
All the hotels/ cruise are subject to availability and can be changed. In case any of the listed hotels are fully booked, alternatives of equivalence will be taken.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Guide: English Speaking Tour Guide (other language on request)
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: - Daily breakfast at hotel - 3 lunches - 2 dinners
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Transport: Car: Private transportation with A/C
Flights: Danang - Saigon by Vietnam Airlines Phnompenh - Siemreap by Angkor Air
Please note that airfares are subject to availability and to change without notice
• Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
• Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
• 2 flights: Danang – HCMC, Phnom Penh – Siem Reap.
• Services of private drivers and air-conditioned vehicles.
• Service of English speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• International flight.
• Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
• Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
• Tips for guides and drivers.
• Personal travel insurance.
• Vietnam & Cambodia Visa fee.
- Cai Be Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $50
- Vietnam Travel & Leisure 14 days from $2430
- Luxury Vietnam Holidays 14 days from $3540
- Vietnam Ultimate Honeymoon 16 days from $1490
- Vietnam Honeymoon 14 days from $1300
- Vietnam - Thailand & Myanmar Holiday 16 days from $2130
- From Phu Quoc Island to Angkor Wat 10 days from $780
- Central Highland With Beach 8 days from $1250
- Biking Mekong Delta - Snorkeling Phu Quoc 6 days from $655
- Vietnam Explorer 16 days from $1628
- Vietnam Panorama 16 days from $1680
- Vietnam Holidays 11 days from $1005
- Vietnam Vacation 13 days from $1370
- Highlights of South & North Vietnam 10 days from $965
- Saigon to Phu Quoc via Mekong Delta 7 days from $540
- Grand Indochina 17 days from $1790
- Legend of Mekong 9 days from $815
- River Floating Market - Beach Break & Leisure Cruise 10 days from $1190
- Best of Vietnam 12 days from $4310
- Southern Flavors 6 days from $400
- Grand Vietnam 18 days from $1710
- Vietnam Impressions 12 days from $1185
- Essential Vietnam 9 days from $870
- Biking Vietnam & Cambodia - 12 Days 12 days from $1550
- From Angkor Temples to Con Dao Island 10 days from $970
- Form Angkor Wat to Bagan 12 days from $1625
- Classic Vietnam & Cambodia Holiday 16 days from $1730
- North Vietnam & Angkor Temples 9 days from $945
- Central Vietnam & Angkor Temples 7 days from $870
- Discover Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 19 days from $2370
- Highlights of Cambodia & Laos 9 days from $1010
- From Angkor Wat to Halong Bay 9 days from $890
- Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia 12 days from $1530
- From Halong Bay to Siem Reap 14 days from $1440
- Can Tho City Tour 1 day from $20
- Sweet Vietnam Honeymoon 11 days from $1160
- Vietnam & Myanmar Holiday 20 days from $2400
- Vietnam For Lovers 10 days from $1400
- Biking Mekong Delta 4 days from $455
- Vietnam Culinary Adventure 13 days from $1469
- Absolute Vietnam Discovery 18 days from $1550
- Vietnam in Depth 16 days from $1340
- Vietnam Insider 12 days from $1120
- Mekong Delta Excursion 3 days from $225
- Vietnam Discovery 14 days from $1400
- Book Paradise Luxury Cruise - Get Hotel Free In Hanoi 3 days from $175
- Book Halong Cruise - Free Hanoi Hotel 3 days from $165
- Special Offer: Highlights of North Vietnam 4 days from $298
- A Glimpse Of Vietnam 7 days from $750
- Scenic North Vietnam 7 days from $425
- Manila - North Vietnam 5 days from $330
- Halong Day Trip From Hanoi 1 day from $85
- Luxury Heritage Journey 8 days from $1660
- North Vietnam Grand Adventure 11 days from $1000
- Visit Hanoi - Cruise on Lan Ha Bay 5 days from $1010
- From Halong Bay to Bagan Temples 9 days from $1200
- From Halong Bay to Luang Prabang 12 days from $1310
- North Vietnam & Laos Adventure 14 days from $1470
- Northeast Vietnam Adventure 11 days from $1040
- From Ancient Capitals to The Heart of Vietnam 11 days from $850
- Kayak Halong Bay & Explore Cat Ba Island 4 days from $419
- Hidden Hilltribes of Vietnam 16 days from $1300
- Vietnam Cooking Tour 10 days from $1160
- Vietnam Orientation 8 days from $809
- Delights of Northern Vietnam 10 days from $850
- Vietnam Revealed 13 days from $1240
- Best of North Vietnam 7 days from $680
- Hanoi & Halong Bay Excursion 5 days from $350
- North Vietnam Visit & Shopping Tour 8 days from $550
- Myths & Mountains of North Vietnam 6 days from $480
- Exotic Vietnam & Myanmar 14 days from $2040
- Heritage Journey of Myanmar & Vietnam 14 days from $1850
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Vietnam Luxury Journey 9 days from $2780
- Hanoi - Halong Luxury Experience 4 days from $1060
- Discover "King Kong" Lands 9 days from $870
- Taste of Vietnam 11 days from $1210
- Mountains to The Sea 8 days from $670
- The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay - 6 Days 6 days from $920
- Explore Sapa - Cruise Halong Bay 6 days from $470
- The Northern Gourmet 4 days from $380
- Highlights of Vietnam 8 days from $1000
- Ninh Binh Excursion 2 days from $110
- Sapa Tour from Manila 4 days from $222
- Manila - Hanoi: Free & Easy 3 days from $75
- Hanoi - Ninh Binh Day Trip 1 day from $65
- Unforgettable Complete Day Tour of Hanoi 1 day from $55
- Hanoi Traditional Craft & Ancient Beauty (Day Trip) 1 day from $48
- Mystique Northern Vietnam and Thailand 9 days from $1205
- Bac Son Escape 2 days from $130
- Cat Ba Island Escape 3 days from $251
- Short Northern Adventure 6 days from $520
- From Mai Chau to Quang Binh 9 days from $735
- Sapa Trekking Tour 4 days from $266
- Biking North Vietnam 7 days from $960
- Biking - Trekking & Snorkeling 9 days from $750
- Hanoi Cooking Class 1/2 day from $65
- Sapa Adventure By Night Train 5 days from $220
- North Vietnam Discovery 12 days from $920
- Explore Northern Vietnam 11 days from $830
- Mai Chau Escape 2 days from $145
- Cao Bang - Ba Be Discovery 5 days from $400
- Cycling HCM Trails 13 days from $1555
- 4WD Northwest Vietnam 7 days from $570
- Saigon - Mui Ne: Free & Easy 5 days from $195
- Full-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $30
- Half-day Ho Chi Minh City Tour 1 day from $22
- Half-day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour 1 day from $25
- Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi Tunnels 1 day from $35
- My Tho Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $40
- Thailand & Vietnam Culinary 7 days from $1035
- Saigon Discovery and Beach Relaxation 6 days from $1110
- Vung Tau Beach Relax 2 days from $80
- Mui Ne Beach Relax 4 days from $300
- Best of Southern & Central Vietnam 8 days from $1750
- Phu Quoc Beach Escape 4 days from $373
- Highlands & Sea 10 days from $1060
- Saigon Cooking Class 1/2 day from $54
- My Son Sanctuary Day Tour 1 day
- Hoian Cooking Tour 1/2 day from $50
- Danang Vacation 4 days from $155
- A Glimpse of Central Vietnam 5 days from $225
- Hoian Holiday Package 5 days
- Hoian & Hue Tour 5 days from $295
- Vietnam Heritage Journey With The DMZ 9 days from $610
- Hoian - Nha Trang & Phu Yen 8 days from $520
- Lang Co Bay Retreat 3 days from $215
- Vung Tau City Shore Excursion from Phu My Port 1 day from $100
- Discover Nha Trang & Yang Bay Waterfall 1 day from $60
- Ben Tre Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City 1 day from $44
- Escape to Vinh Hy Bay 4 days from $1266
- A Beach Vacation in Quy Nhon 3 days from $112
- Nha Trang Beach Holiday 4 days from $130
- Danang Beach Break 4 days from $166
- Con Dao Island 4 days from $340
- Explore Ba Na Hills from Danang 1 day from $51
- Biking Mai Chau & Ninh Binh 4 days from $465